“Nothing’s a break for me. Not even the breaks are breaks.”
No matter how well it has been said by Robert Downey, at some point in our working life, we all have to agree that we need a break! And all of you know how bad these breaks affect our hustle if we keep taking them frequently.
So? Is there a chance one can regain their energy and enthusiasm for working without taking frequent breaks?
Oh well, there’s most definitely is!
Most of us know that socializing with friends, relatives, and other loved ones is an essential part of taking a break and it works really well by giving our mind some peace.
Yes, there’s a but.
It’s also important to make time to simply be ‘with yourself.’ Not only it reboots our brains and enhances our relationship but it also makes us more productive.
Or you can simply say that sometimes you need to save some of your precious time for an expert 😉
So now we all know how having a Me-time is better than taking a break and also it’s important, but what do we do in our Me-time?
If this is what you are thinking right now, I’ve got you.
Although ‘Me-time’ can simply be referred as little time to yourself doing what makes you happy, I have 25 must-have activities to do when you are getting started on your ‘Me-time’ journey taking a break from your ‘frequent breaks.’
- Yoga or workout, whatever seems best to you.
- Jam out to your favourite music or make a playlist.
- Watch a movie! Could anything be better than some Regina George?
- Get a massage or go to the spa!
- Enjoy some carbs and let your mind float in the deliciousness of some desserts.
- Paint a picture or do any art.
- Abandon your technology for a limited period of time.
- Work on a hobby and if you don’t have one, find one!
- Write in a journal.
- Take a jar and fill it with positive messages for your off days.
- Read a book that is not the genre you usually read. No ebooks! Feel the paper! You can also enjoy the silence in the library.
- Do cooking or baking.
- Declutter your closet or you can create a capsule wardrobe! Here’s how to create a capsule wardrobe
- Move your butt to single ladies!
- Pamper yourself.
- Make a list of all the people you know and write a good thing about them
- Shop for yourself! I’ll advise you to shop online so you’ll not spend extra money. See the tricks and tips of online shopping here.
- Take some artsy pictures.
- Doll yourself for no reason!
- Relax and read some blogs. check my favourite blogs here!
- Do meditation.
- Take a nap cuddled up with your pillows.
- Take a walk through nature.
- Write a poem or a short story.
And because I’m such a nice person…
(Bonus) 26. Go on a date with yourself!